cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bic_services
Level: Power Up

Bing Maps API

can someone help me with plotting multiple locations on a map in my app? Below is the article that I have followed exactly and it does work but for some reason, the addresses will not plot... I do not have lat and long I only have the address. a sample file is attached...

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bing Maps API

Hi @bic_services ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to plot multiple locations on a map based on addresses rather than lat and long value through Bing Maps API in your app?

There is an known issue with Bing Maps API within PowerApps app -- we could not get a static map based on Location Address using Bing Maps Static API, instead, we need to provide a specific Latitude value and Longitude value of a location Address to get a static map.

As an alternative solution, you could consider get the corresponding Latitude value and Longitude value of your specific location address using Bing Maps connector (BingMaps.GetLocationByAddress() function). And then use the retrieved Latitude value and Longitude value within the Bing Maps Static API URL Link.

Please check and see if the solution I provided within the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Bing-Static-Map-not-Rendering/m-p/303676#M10776

If you want to plot multiple locations on a map, I thtink the Concat function could achieve your needs. Please consider set the Image property of the Image control to following:

"https://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Imagery/Map/AerialWithLabels?" & 
Concat(
       ExcelTable,
       "pp=" & BingMaps.GetLocationByAddress({addressLine: Address & ", " & City}).point.coordinates.latitude & "," & BingMaps.GetLocationByAddress({addressLine: Address & ", " & City}).point.coordinates.longitude & ";21;" & City & "&"
) & "key=" & txtBingMapsKey.Text

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

More details about plotting multiple locations on a map through Bing Maps API, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/rest-services/imagery/get-a-static-map#get-a-map-with-aeri...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,866)