Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NLPeter
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bing Maps connector alternate pin color

Hi all,

I'm using the Bing Maps connector to show 5 pins for the possible departure locations and one for the destination.

I'd like to selected departure location and the destination to have an alternate color to the rest of the pins.

Does anyone know if this is possible (yet)?

I tried stuff like (this is an example though, I've tried alot of different things):

If(ThisItem.City = galLocations.Selected.City, Green, Red)
If(Self.Selected = galLocations.Selected.City, Green, Red)
If(ThisRecord.City = galLocations.Selected.City, Green, Red)

But all without success. It seems that I can only update the color of ALL pins and not seperate pins like you'd do inside a gallery to show which record is selected;

If(ThisItem.IsSelected, Green, Red) //Just an example, colors would be awfull for UX..

Could try to use a static map so I can use custom pin images aswell, but an interactive one is prefered.

Any ideas are appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@NLPeter As per the Microsoft documentation given at: Get static map, You can set the Icon Style to Pushpin.

For complete reference of Icon Styles supported by Bing map, check below documentation:

Pushpin Syntax and Icon Styles 

Please click Accept as solution if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

@ganeshsanap,

I'm aware of the static map, I have even mentioned it in my OP.

While I appreciate you taking the effort to answer, this doesn't help me any further.

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to set the color for individual pins in the Bing Maps Connector in Powerapps, so the interactive one. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,982)