cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mod_admin
Level: Powered On

Bing maps connection

Hi,

Can someone elaborate on how to use BingMaps.GetLocationByPoint to return full address?

Because i tried doing that but it's giving me an error: the property expects text value but this rule returns incompatible record values. 

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps Staff CarlosFigueira
Power Apps Staff

Re: Bing maps connection

The GetLocationByPoint function returns an object (record) with many properties. If you want the atual address, try accessing the "address.formattedAddress" property:

Label1.Text: BingMaps.GetLocationByPoint(Location.Latitude, Location.Longitude).address.formattedAddress

By the way, when I find a new connector that I haven't used before, if I cannot find its documentation online, I use the following technique to understand the "schema" of the return object of the connector: add a button to any screen, and set its OnSelect formula to store the result in a collection:

ClearCollect(c, BingMaps.GetLocationByPoint(Location.Latitude, Location.Longitude))

After clicking the button, the result will be in a collection, which you can then use the collection viewer (in the "View" tab) to see what the shape of the returned data looks like.

Mod_admin
Level: Powered On

HI @CarlosFigueira,

Thanks a lot for that reply. That schema thing was a geat help. 

But i am still getting an error: unable to parse response JObject.

sscarcella
Level 8

I had an app that I created several months ago that used to work fine for getting the Latitude & Longitude using BingMaps.GetLocationByAddress.  It has since stopped working and when users try to use the app they are prompted for a Bing Maps login and asked for an API key...  Is there somewhere to store this information in the app so they can use it?

Highlighted
jvdlinden
Level 8

I wonder if my reply will still be relevant.
But you’ll need to retrieve an API key from the Bings Map Dev Center (Microsoft-account required).

The API key should be entered in the PowerApps Data Sources menu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,910)