cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wingers1290
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bizarre Camera issue

Hi all, having an infurating issue with the camera.

My app is fixed to portrait orientation, and my device is Surface Pro 4. I added the camera control, and it displays correctly, however, the image is constantly inverted, i.e., I see myself on the ceiling, when I am not. Turning the device does little, since it snaps to the other portrait mode when I turn it 180 degrees.

there is no way to "rotate" the camera control, but I really don't understand why this is happening. Has anyone expereinced this before?

I've added a screen shot to demonstrate. In the screen, I am holding the device in portrait, looking at a wall. As you can see, everything is not as it should be. It's like the camera control can only work in landscape, even when the app is fixed to portrait.Untitled picture.png

22 REPLIES 22

Having same issue on a dell tablet, but only when working with an external screen.

When I run it on the screen of the tablet, it is ok.

Very strange.

Best regards,

Peter

Hello @Peter1234,

Are you seeing this in authoring or player? and which browser are you using?

Authoring.

Microsoft Edge.

@Peter1234, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my devices but I will investigated further. 

Does your device lock the screen orientation when it is connected to an external screen ?

Hi Mobaky,

Indeed, rotation is locked.

I have one more info: If i drag the tab running the power apps website from the browser (so it becomes a separate browser), the orientation is corrected.

Hello @Peter1234,

Thanks for the info, I looked into it and you were correct the camera orientation gets adjusted when an orientation change event is triggered in the browser. This seems to be an issue with how the browser sets the default orientation, We've contacted the edge team to try to resolve this and I will post any updates.

@mobakyThanks, looking forward to a solution ;o)

AlexandrePicque
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Is there anything new about this probleme ?  

I can report this is a persistent issue on my Surface Laptop 2 when using Edge with Power Apps - I also find a similar problem with HTML5 Camera controls in Edge where the orientation will be ratated 90 degrees in various instances. This may be an Edge HTML5 camera/media control issue and not so much a Power Apps issue. In Chrome and Firefox i do not experience this problem. 😞

@DeanC wrote:

I can report this is a persistent issue on my Surface Laptop 2 when using Edge with Power Apps - I also find a similar problem with HTML5 Camera controls in Edge where the orientation will be ratated 90 degrees in various instances. This may be an Edge HTML5 camera/media control issue and not so much a Power Apps issue. In Chrome and Firefox i do not experience this problem. 😞

I have seen the same on multiple devices (Surface and Dell), (old) Edge rotates camera image 90 degrees. Solution (where possible) is to use a different browser. The new version of Edge (based on chromium) displays the camera image correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,974)