cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wingers1290
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bizarre Camera issue

Hi all, having an infurating issue with the camera.

My app is fixed to portrait orientation, and my device is Surface Pro 4. I added the camera control, and it displays correctly, however, the image is constantly inverted, i.e., I see myself on the ceiling, when I am not. Turning the device does little, since it snaps to the other portrait mode when I turn it 180 degrees.

there is no way to "rotate" the camera control, but I really don't understand why this is happening. Has anyone expereinced this before?

I've added a screen shot to demonstrate. In the screen, I am holding the device in portrait, looking at a wall. As you can see, everything is not as it should be. It's like the camera control can only work in landscape, even when the app is fixed to portrait.Untitled picture.png

22 REPLIES 22
AMO-Consulting

Hello

I got the same issue with Huawei P20 Light.
The output stream from camera is automatically changed (90° or 180°) and it occured quite often.

Looking forward for a workaround or a fix!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have teh same issue and I have three different models of Dell Latitudes ... It works fine on iPhone XR at least when using the app but not when in "edit" mode (not that I would use the phone to edit 😕 )  I had to close my issue when this one was found so I hope there is a solution thanks

Hi Michael,

When use camea control , powerapps shows mirrored image i.e. right to left and left to right. How to fix this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,318)