cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bizarre Camera issue

Hi all, having an infurating issue with the camera.

My app is fixed to portrait orientation, and my device is Surface Pro 4. I added the camera control, and it displays correctly, however, the image is constantly inverted, i.e., I see myself on the ceiling, when I am not. Turning the device does little, since it snaps to the other portrait mode when I turn it 180 degrees.

there is no way to "rotate" the camera control, but I really don't understand why this is happening. Has anyone expereinced this before?

I've added a screen shot to demonstrate. In the screen, I am holding the device in portrait, looking at a wall. As you can see, everything is not as it should be. It's like the camera control can only work in landscape, even when the app is fixed to portrait.Untitled picture.png

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

Hello

I got the same issue with Huawei P20 Light.
The output stream from camera is automatically changed (90° or 180°) and it occured quite often.

Looking forward for a workaround or a fix!

Thanks

Highlighted

I have teh same issue and I have three different models of Dell Latitudes ... It works fine on iPhone XR at least when using the app but not when in "edit" mode (not that I would use the phone to edit 😕 )  I had to close my issue when this one was found so I hope there is a solution thanks

Highlighted

Hi Michael,

When use camea control , powerapps shows mirrored image i.e. right to left and left to right. How to fix this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,377)