Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Black screen appearing when scrolling down the page using chrome

Hi @upstreampsadmin ,

I am really glad that my advice helped you.Than you spending more time on researching and also all our friends came to know that it is a known bug and MS is working on this.

Thank you very much for taking the time to update it on the community. I really appreciate your generosity and helping nature.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  I have multiple canvas apps embedded on SharePoint pages.  It used to work just fine.  Now we get the black bar when scrolling.  Using Chrome and Chromium Edge.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Krishna for helping us out. The issue is still there and we already log a ticket to the Microsoft as per your suggestion.  I will keep everyone updated regarding the resolution.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @CarloNavarro ,

Thank you for your generosity and time to update back on the community. I am really happy that my advice helped you to save your time and start working with the Microsoft team on this. As we know nothing much we could do from our end. Would you mine marking the helpful reply as a solution and close the thread? Once it is marked as resolved the new members will make use of it. I have seen this issue across other users also. So please mark it as solved so they know what to do for their issue.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone,

This is to share to you the updates regarding this black box issue. Below is the exact email from MS.

"In regards to the issue embedded power apps showing black box  in the bottom. The issue is happening in all the regions and our product team is aware of that and actively working on the fix. As of now we don’t have any ETA on this issue.

However users are experiencing the issue is in chrome and edge browser, using the IE and Safari browsers will be helpful at this moment.

Our product team publish the documentation where they have mentioned all the known issues with the power apps you can track them your this link. Once they fix the issue they will update the documentation with the ETA.

Please find the below documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/common-issues-and-resolutions"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

New issue found with the webpart.

This time on IE and mobile too.

To test it:

1. Create a new empty powerapp application and insert a camera control (no more necessary).
  2.  Save and publish
  3. In a Online Sharepoint page, insert the powerapp webpart and set the application id.
  4. Publish the page (and permits the camera access if needed).
  5. Refresh the page  😫

Captura.PNG

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

While the majority of my forms are facing this issue, I was able to resolve this problem by disabling the "You May Also be Interested In" and "Comments" WebParts at the bottom of the Site Page.  This approach only works if the form is at the bottom of the page and cannot scroll further down the page.

I don't fully understand why, but just stumbled across this when trying to fix this problem.  Hope it works for you for the time being while Microsoft works on a permanent fix.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Jace,

I really appreciate your generosity and respect your time to update here to help people.

This is a great workaround for most of the people.

Reagards,

Krishna 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is now resolved by Microsoft. See below:

Answer: Please make sure that the url that is being used is apps.powerapps.com instead of web.powerapps.com:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/embed-apps-dev

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am still facing this issue even with the updated URL (which I've been using for 2 months already).

The URL update doesn't seem to work with Chrome/Chredge, and I can confirm that the issue is (strangely) NOT present in IE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,340)