cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgokul95
Helper I
Helper I

Blank value is displayed when filtering a choice type column in DropDown control in PowerApps EditForm

Hi All, 

I have 1 main list(ListA) and 1 sub list(SubListA) in SharePoint. In PowerApps, I have created an EditForm for the ListA. In this EditForm, I have a custom data card which contains a DropDown control. In this, I have to display the items from the choice type column "SubCategory" of the SubListA. The following is the code in the Items property of this dropdown control.

Filter(SubListA, System.Value = systemComboBox.Selected.Value && Category.Value = categoryDropDown.Selected.Value).SubCategory

The above code properly filters the SubListA but the items are displayed blank. I can note that the Filter provides a table in which the SubCategory column contains records instead of direct value. 

sgokul95_0-1637151722029.png

When running the app and opening the dropdown items:

sgokul95_1-1637151768721.png

Can you please let me know what I am missing here because the filtering is done correctly but I am not able to get its value to be displayed.

Update:

I need to populate only certain items of that SubCategory column based on the selected value of another element. Hence I have used a Filter function to include a condition for it. 

Due to this case, I can't use Choices(SubListA.SubCategory) as it will populate all the choice items.

3 REPLIES 3
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

@sgokul95 ,

Try to use Choices() function.

Choices(SubListA.SubCategory)

Hope it helps !

Hi @gabibalaban ,

Thanks for your quick response. 

I need to populate only certain items of that SubCategory column based on the selected value of another element. Hence I have used a Filter function to include a condition for it. 

Due to this case, I can't use Choices(SubListA.SubCategory) as it will populate all the choice items.

@sgokul95 ,

The result choice() function actually is a table so you can filter it, but honestly I don’t get it how you link the subcategories you need to the “another” control selected options.

you can use something like:

Filter(Choices(SubListA.SubCategory), Value in ExpectedList)

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,410)