cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgokul95
Helper I
Helper I

Blank value is displayed when filtering a choice type column in DropDown control in PowerApps EditForm

Hi All, 

I have 1 main list(ListA) and 1 sub list(SubListA) in SharePoint. In PowerApps, I have created an EditForm for the ListA. In this EditForm, I have a custom data card which contains a DropDown control. In this, I have to display the items from the choice type column "SubCategory" of the SubListA. The following is the code in the Items property of this dropdown control.

Filter(SubListA, System.Value = systemComboBox.Selected.Value && Category.Value = categoryDropDown.Selected.Value).SubCategory

The above code properly filters the SubListA but the items are displayed blank. I can note that the Filter provides a table in which the SubCategory column contains records instead of direct value. 

sgokul95_0-1637151722029.png

When running the app and opening the dropdown items:

sgokul95_1-1637151768721.png

Can you please let me know what I am missing here because the filtering is done correctly but I am not able to get its value to be displayed.

Update:

I need to populate only certain items of that SubCategory column based on the selected value of another element. Hence I have used a Filter function to include a condition for it. 

Due to this case, I can't use Choices(SubListA.SubCategory) as it will populate all the choice items.

3 REPLIES 3
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sgokul95 ,

Try to use Choices() function.

Choices(SubListA.SubCategory)

Hope it helps !

Hi @gabibalaban ,

Thanks for your quick response. 

I need to populate only certain items of that SubCategory column based on the selected value of another element. Hence I have used a Filter function to include a condition for it. 

Due to this case, I can't use Choices(SubListA.SubCategory) as it will populate all the choice items.

@sgokul95 ,

The result choice() function actually is a table so you can filter it, but honestly I don’t get it how you link the subcategories you need to the “another” control selected options.

you can use something like:

Filter(Choices(SubListA.SubCategory), Value in ExpectedList)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,737)