Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masino
Resolver II
Resolver II

Blocked on screen

Hi, I m facing a problem that probably is also stupid..but. Here's my issue:

I defined that when a fomr is submitted, so it has to navigate to another page, like a ocnfirmation page.
This page has a timer that when expires goes to the Start page.
My problem is that the fomr is regularry submitted ( as i can see the new row in sharepoint tabel) but the program stays on the "edit" form.

Any suggestions?1.JPG2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Masino ,

That is indeed what an EditForm is for. If you want to create a new entry you need to change the FormMode to FormMode.New which can be done with the NewForm(EditForm1) action. You might want to add that to the OnSelect property of your gallery.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Why are you using & between your commands?   The command chaining operator is ',' US english and typically ;; for other countries.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
Masino
Resolver II
Resolver II

I tried and it stays on the EditScreen but picking the data from the first line in tabel.. 😞

Try this.

SubmitForm(EditForm1) & Navigate(Screen1) & ResetForm(EditForm1)

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
Masino
Resolver II
Resolver II

That´s not working, i´m trying to understand but it has no meaning. How can i send it here so you can see it better?

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Masino ,

As far as I can see for da_dk (which I assume is your locale), you still need to use a semicolon to separate functions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/da-dk/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators

Did you try:

SubmitForm(EditForm1); 
Navigate(Screen1); 
ResetForm(EditForm1)

If this is what you tried earlier, but is not working, can you please show what you mean by " picking the data from the first line in tabel"?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Masino
Resolver II
Resolver II

i tried all the methods above actually. My problem is that the gallery doesnt get the new item, but replace the old one with the new one. So i am stucked.I know, a little embarassing 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Masino ,

That is indeed what an EditForm is for. If you want to create a new entry you need to change the FormMode to FormMode.New which can be done with the NewForm(EditForm1) action. You might want to add that to the OnSelect property of your gallery.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,555)