cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bold in the Property Menu

What is the true meaning of the properties showing in bold on the property drop down menu?

I the beginning I thought it was the properties that I have edited, but that's not correct, because in some cases they are edited and they don't turn BOLD.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 
There is not any FontWeight property for a gallery.  Therefore, you cannot apply bold to it.  But you can apply FontWeight to controls you put inside like labels, text inputs, dropdowns, etc.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply? I'm not trying to apply anything. I'm just trying to know the reason why some are in bold and some not...

@Anonymous 
Oh, I understand your question now.

The bolded properties are the ones you have changed from the default values to your own.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Annotation 2020-07-13 124241.png

If so, then why it´s not Bold here?

@Anonymous 

Could it be that the bolded properties contain formulas whereas the normal properties only contain values?

---

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would make more sense, but you are the super user not me. I only started two weeks ago on this... I'm not in a position to point anything.

@Anonymous 
Yes, well it appears I don't know the answer out-of-hand either.  But even as a beginner PowerApper you do have the ability to verify my answer about formulas.

Pick a property that does not have any formula like Color.  Then write a formula like this

If(100>50, Blue, Red)

If the property turns bold as a result you will have validated my claim.

---

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gets BOLD when you edited them. Turning back to the default values the BOLD is still on. Still doesn't make sense why on the template fill I'm not getting the BOLD. This is just a small detail, but might be a great time saver in the future...

Weird. Inconclusive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed this as well. Have to say, I found the responses that the OP got for the question rather amusing!

I am very new to Power Apps as well and trying to find which property have changed seems to be daunting. It seems as though in certain cases where the formula has been edited the property name is bolded (or is it emboldened ? ) and in other cases it is not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,067)