Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Book A Room change existing meeting not working

Dear all,
I'm having trouble getting the function to change a existing meeting to work.

I can view my meeting just fine, but when I change date or time and select the same room or other rooms I receive a error stating (roughly translated from Swedish) "Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem failed: The Method V2CalendarPatchItem has a void value for the parameter id". It do send me to the confirmation screen but no change is made.

Im using a administrator account and the template for Book A Room is the "new" one.

I'd be happy to provide screen shots and code snippets on request.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlB ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app (a screenshot may be better)?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The changes to existing meeting work well in my template app.

Please check if you have typed MeetingsGallery.Selected.Id formula as the second argument within the Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(...) formula within the OnVisible property of the ConfirmationScreen in the "Boom A Room" Template app.

As an alternative solution, please consider add the following formula within the OnSelect property fo the MeetingsGallery:

Set(ChosenMeeting, ThisItem);
Set(StartDateTime, ThisItem.Start);
Set(EndDateTime, ThisItem.End);
Set(StartDateTimeUTC, Text(DateAdd(StartDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
Set(EndDateTimeUTC, Text(DateAdd(EndDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
If(NoRoomsList,
    Navigate(RoomSelectScreen, None),

Navigate(RoomListSelectScreen, None)
);
Set(MeetingID, ThisItem.Id)  // Add this formula

Then within ConfirmationScreen, modify the formula within the OnVisible property to following:

If(IsBooking,
    UpdateContext({ShowLoading: true});
    If(OnlineMeeting,
        ....;

If(
           BookForMeeting,
           ...;
           Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(MyCalendar, MeetingID, If(MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject = User().FullName & "'s Booking", User().FullName & "'s Skype Meeting",
            MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject), StartDateTimeUTC, EndDateTimeUTC, {RequiredAttendees: RequiredAttendeesTrue, OptionalAttendees: MeetingsGallery.Selected.OptionalAttendees,
            Body: "<a href="&SkypeMeeting.JoinUrl&">Join Skype Meeting</a>", IsHtml:true, Location: "Online Meeting", Importance: "Normal", ShowAs: "Busy"}),  // Modify formula here

If(!BookForMeeting,
            ...;
            Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(MyCalendar, MeetingID, If(MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject = User().FullName & "'s Skype Meeting", User().FullName & "'s Booking", MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject), StartDateTimeUTC, EndDateTimeUTC, {RequiredAttendees: RequiredAttendeesTrue, OptionalAttendees: MeetingsGallery.Selected.OptionalAttendees, Body: "Room has been updated to " & RoomsGallery.Selected.Name, Location: RoomsGallery.Selected.Name, Importance: "Normal", ShowAs: "Busy"})  // Modify formula here
            )
    );
    UpdateContext({ShowLoading: false})
);
Set(IsBooking, false)

specify the MeetingID variable as the second argument value within the Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(...) formula.

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the Office 365 Outlook connection from your app, then re-add a new connection to the Office365Outlook connector, then try above formula again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlB ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app (a screenshot may be better)?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The changes to existing meeting work well in my template app.

Please check if you have typed MeetingsGallery.Selected.Id formula as the second argument within the Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(...) formula within the OnVisible property of the ConfirmationScreen in the "Boom A Room" Template app.

As an alternative solution, please consider add the following formula within the OnSelect property fo the MeetingsGallery:

Set(ChosenMeeting, ThisItem);
Set(StartDateTime, ThisItem.Start);
Set(EndDateTime, ThisItem.End);
Set(StartDateTimeUTC, Text(DateAdd(StartDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
Set(EndDateTimeUTC, Text(DateAdd(EndDateTime, TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes), "[$-en-US]yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm") & ":00.000Z");
If(NoRoomsList,
    Navigate(RoomSelectScreen, None),

Navigate(RoomListSelectScreen, None)
);
Set(MeetingID, ThisItem.Id)  // Add this formula

Then within ConfirmationScreen, modify the formula within the OnVisible property to following:

If(IsBooking,
    UpdateContext({ShowLoading: true});
    If(OnlineMeeting,
        ....;

If(
           BookForMeeting,
           ...;
           Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(MyCalendar, MeetingID, If(MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject = User().FullName & "'s Booking", User().FullName & "'s Skype Meeting",
            MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject), StartDateTimeUTC, EndDateTimeUTC, {RequiredAttendees: RequiredAttendeesTrue, OptionalAttendees: MeetingsGallery.Selected.OptionalAttendees,
            Body: "<a href="&SkypeMeeting.JoinUrl&">Join Skype Meeting</a>", IsHtml:true, Location: "Online Meeting", Importance: "Normal", ShowAs: "Busy"}),  // Modify formula here

If(!BookForMeeting,
            ...;
            Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(MyCalendar, MeetingID, If(MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject = User().FullName & "'s Skype Meeting", User().FullName & "'s Booking", MeetingsGallery.Selected.Subject), StartDateTimeUTC, EndDateTimeUTC, {RequiredAttendees: RequiredAttendeesTrue, OptionalAttendees: MeetingsGallery.Selected.OptionalAttendees, Body: "Room has been updated to " & RoomsGallery.Selected.Name, Location: RoomsGallery.Selected.Name, Importance: "Normal", ShowAs: "Busy"})  // Modify formula here
            )
    );
    UpdateContext({ShowLoading: false})
);
Set(IsBooking, false)

specify the MeetingID variable as the second argument value within the Office365.V2CalendarPatchItem(...) formula.

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the Office 365 Outlook connection from your app, then re-add a new connection to the Office365Outlook connector, then try above formula again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you, this worked fine!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,839)