Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mpowis
Helper I
Helper I

Booking Form auto populate issues from a SharePoint List

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a booking form to book out resources in PowerApps, i have created some SharePoint Lists and connected them to my App and i have got about halfway through the form and hit an issue looking up a field to add to a collection.

The SharePoint List is called Resource_List and here is a screen shot of the form so far:

PowerApp Booking.png

On the left is a gallery for the person booking to select the Class and that once selected auto populates the Class: and Teacher inputs on the right, then you have the member of staff booking the resources out because its not always the teacher who comes to collect.

Then the Time and Date is auto populated with the Now() function.

Now is the bit that gets tricky the Scan Result input uses the Bar Codes on the Item, it checks if the item is in the resource list and is available for booking, if it is it shows a icon at the end of the input of a green tick and if not a red X and the Select button only shows when it has met the booking conditions:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp(Resource_List,Resource_Code = BarCode_In.Text, Available ="Yes" )), Icon.Check, Icon.Cancel)

I then click the Select button and it adds the resource to a gallery at the bottom of the form and this will eventually be submitted to a SharePoint Booking list.

Select Button Code:

Collect(Resource,{Resource: BarCode_In.Text})

The Issue i have is it only uses the Barcode on the collection list and i want it to first show what the resource is in the Resource Input and then once selected show it in the collection.

PowerApp Booking 2.png

I want the collection to display Type of resource and the barcode, then i will need to work on the submit button to take the results of the form and add them to the Booking List, if anyone would like to save me sometime lol

thanks in advances for any help with this i'm new to PowerApps and i have googled and YouTubed most of what i have learnt but i cannot find a helpful answer to this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mpowis
Helper I
Helper I

I managed to fix it.

so now On Select for the Select button is set to:

Collect(Resource,{Resource: BarCode_In.Text, Description: Res_Desc_In.Text, Type: Res_Result_Lbl.Text} )

The Default for the Resource input is set to: (Title is the column i need from SharePoint)

LookUp(Resource_List,Resource_Code = BarCode_In.Text ).Title

and then i set the gallery to ThisItem.Resource, ThisItem.Description, ThisItem.Type

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mpowis
Helper I
Helper I

I managed to fix it.

so now On Select for the Select button is set to:

Collect(Resource,{Resource: BarCode_In.Text, Description: Res_Desc_In.Text, Type: Res_Result_Lbl.Text} )

The Default for the Resource input is set to: (Title is the column i need from SharePoint)

LookUp(Resource_List,Resource_Code = BarCode_In.Text ).Title

and then i set the gallery to ThisItem.Resource, ThisItem.Description, ThisItem.Type

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for your follow up post! I am glad that you were able to get this figured out. Hopefully this will prove useful for future communities users.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (31,573)