Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ferdl

Boolean, save to MySQL as -1, not as 1

Hello community,

I have an App with functions like this:

Patch('Backend.tblNachverfolgung';
        First(Filter('Backend.tblNachverfolgung';nachvID = First(colProjektDetails).nachverfolgungID));{nachvTagesplan: If(chkTagesplan.Value;-1;0)})

I simply try to patch a boolean value into a MySQL table. The field is 'nachvTagesplan' and of the type tinyint(1) in MySQL. The Table stores false as 0 and true as -1. I am using this table also in MS Access and works fine there.

If I now try to patch a true Value from my PowerApps it always stores it as 1. So I have the problem, that my MS Access isnt working any longer because of the missing '-'.

Is there a possibilty to tell Powerapps it has to store true values as '-1' and not as '1'?

i also tried things like

{nachvTagesplan: chkTagesplan.Value}
or
{nachvTagesplan: If(chkTagesplan.Value;Int(-1);0)}

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

1 REPLY 1
timl
Super User
Super User

@Ferdl 

If the underlying data type of your nachvTagesplan column is tinyint, it's necessary to patch either -1 or 0 in the way that you're currently doing.

There's no way in Power Apps to automatically coerce Boolean true values to -1.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,645)