cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

British Summer Time Problem

I have a PowerApp and a Flow connected to it, which sends an email to the company with the data pulled from a SharePoint List.

There are a few Date columns in the list, however since we changed to BST (+1Hour) all the dates are now an hour behind (even though the correct date/time shows in the form).

I have read a few posts regarding TimeZoneOffset but I can't seem to apply it to my application.

For simplicity I will focus on one data card called: 

"Event_x0020_Date_x0028_s_x0029__"

The update on this card is:

"MasterDate.SelectedDate + Time(Value(MasterHour.Selected.Value), Value(MasterMinute.Selected.Value), 0)"

On the Flow, the formula used to display the date on an email is:

formatdatetime(item()?['Event_x0020_Date_x0028_s_x0029__'],'dddd dd MMMM yyyy H:mm')

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved this by adding 1 hour to the times in the flow formula:

Formatdatetime(addHours(utcNow(item()?['Event_x0020_Date_x0028_s_x0029__']),1),'dddd dd MMMM yyyy H:mm')

But this means i need to change this back when Daylight Savings Time finishes in the autumn. Would be great if I didnt have to do this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved this by adding 1 hour to the times in the flow formula:

Formatdatetime(addHours(utcNow(item()?['Event_x0020_Date_x0028_s_x0029__']),1),'dddd dd MMMM yyyy H:mm')

But this means i need to change this back when Daylight Savings Time finishes in the autumn. Would be great if I didnt have to do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,110)