cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Browse Screen Shows Date and Time even after changing Format

I've changed the DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM format in editform to DateTimeFormat.ShortDate, and removed all the formulae showing hour and minute values, and did the same in detail screen under datacardvalue of Date, in detailscreen I've to use the formula "Text(DateValue(Parent.Default), DateTimeFormat.ShortDate)" to get short date format.

Now, although the editform and detailscreen values for date are showing in short date format, but the browseScreen still shows hours and minute.

Can anyone help me out???

I've attached the screenshots for the same below.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Use
Text(ThisItem.Date,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Just use "dd/mmm/yyyy" in the Format of the DatePicker

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I've tried entering the same in the format field of DateValue in the EditForms section, but it just shows an error.

If it is a textbox, then use

Text(TextBox1,"dd/mmm/yyyy")
Show a screen shot of the error
------------

As you can see in the screenshots provided in the first mail, I've successfully changed the date formats both in EditForm and DetailScreen, however, on the BrowseScreen it is still showing the hours and minutes along with the date.

The value in text function of the BrowseScreen in "ThisItem.Date"

Use
Text(ThisItem.Date,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

------------

View solution in original post

date.JPG

Thank you so much, I am just a beginner in this and really appreciate your help.

Am Glad I was able to help

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (25,620)