mavako
Frequent Visitor

BrowseGallery filtered by TextSearchBox

Hello,

I have an app - searchbox and browsegallery:

1.jpg

The source are columns "Part no after" and "Part no before" in table "TDD":

2.jpg

I would like to filter the Gallery by text in TextSearchBox. If the TextSearchBox is empty, all items vissible is OK, but if I write something to TextSearchBox there is nothing in Gallery. In this example I wrote "CC" which should view CC005, CC006, CC007 etc....but nothing viewed. 

3.jpg

this error

4.jpg

When I had source in GoosleSheet before in another App this fomrula was working. But now I have source in Excel Online (Business) and doesn't work.

Can somebody help me, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @mavako 

I think you're right - this appears to be a problem with the Excel online business connector.

I can re-create the problem and the cause of this is the space in the column name. The search function works ok for me with columns that don't include a space.

Would it be easy for you to rename the column header so that it's "PartNoAfter" instead of "Part no after"?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Search([@TDD],TextSearhBoox1.Text,ColumName1,ColumName2)

mavako
Frequent Visitor

I have it but doesn't work

Search([@TDD];TextSearchBox1.Text; "Part no after";"Part no before")

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @mavako 

The Search function with the Excel Online Business connector supports only a single column.

The following workaround should hopefully work for you.

With({tdd1:Search([@TDD]; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Part no after")};
     Search(tdd1; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Part no before"))
)

mavako
Frequent Visitor

If I try to search only one column it doesn't work too

Search([@TDD]; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Part no after")

6.jpg

@timl doesn't work, the error is elsewhere probably

mavako
Frequent Visitor

I tried to create new Gallery in previous app with source Google Sheet the same way and works fine, so I think the issue is because of the source Excel online (business).

May be?

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @mavako 

I think you're right - this appears to be a problem with the Excel online business connector.

I can re-create the problem and the cause of this is the space in the column name. The search function works ok for me with columns that don't include a space.

Would it be easy for you to rename the column header so that it's "PartNoAfter" instead of "Part no after"?

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @mavako 

Could you try the following to see if this works for you?

With({tdd1:Search(RenameColumns([@TDD];"Part no after";"PartNoAfter";
                                "Part no before";"PartNoBefore"); 
                  TextSearchBox1.Text; "PartNoAfter")};
     Search(tdd1; TextSearchBox1.Text; "PartNoBefore"))
)

In the meantime, I've posted this issue in the ideas forum and you can vote for it to be fixed here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Bug-Excel-online-business-connector-fails-to-se...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,137)