cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexleetoo17
Frequent Visitor

Browser Cache Prevents Users from seeing Updated Form on SharePoint

Hello! I have a customized SharePoint list/custom form and both Chrome and IE seem to be caching it. So when I make an update to the form, users don't see the updated form because they're getting the cached version. Is there a way in PowerApps to get around the browsers' caches so users are only submitting via the most up-to-date form? 

Just to clarify, it's not my Data Source that needs to be refreshed, it is the PowerApps customized form itself.

Thanks in advance, you folks are amazing!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@alexleetoo17 

You only need to refresh your browser page.  Once you initiate a custom form, the form is "running" during that session.  It will not unload and reload until the browser is closed or the page refreshed.

It can a little bit of time before your published changes (make sure you are publishing your app changes) take effect.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@alexleetoo17 

You only need to refresh your browser page.  Once you initiate a custom form, the form is "running" during that session.  It will not unload and reload until the browser is closed or the page refreshed.

It can a little bit of time before your published changes (make sure you are publishing your app changes) take effect.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes Interesting, I didn't realize that closing the browser and reopening would refresh the form like that. So if a user is submitting outdated forms... does that mean they've just left the window open all this time?? (Many of my users are not technically savvy, to say the least.)

I've got an uneditable field that they couldn't possibly create or modify a list item without autofilling (a 'currentUser' custom field, defaults to User().Email and is hidden so they can't mess with it), yet the field is still blank after their edits--so I'm deducing that they're on an outdated form, basically. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,451)