cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trbleile
Helper I
Helper I

Bug?: App Runtime on Device or PC not functioning the same as in preview mode of Powerapps Studio.

Hello,

I have an app in which users take a survey that spans over multiple pages. After an inspection is completed, I am using Collect(Signal,0) and Clear(Signal) functions to act as a button press to clear all of the entered survey values (After the results are written to the DB), all of the survey drop downs/radio buttons have the reset value IsEmpty(Signal). I am using this method because the survey can be completed or failed on any page of the survey depending on what is answered. 

In preview mode in PowerApps studio, this method works flawlessley every time. When these formulas are ran within the app runtime mode on any device or PC, these values are no longer resetting correctly. I have been told by some folks at microsoft that this looks like a bug within PowerApps itself, and that I should put in a support ticket. Unfortunately, I have not heard back on my ticket that was submitted last week so I am reaching out on the forum.

I can recreate this issue any time if anyone would like to see the formulas and how the app is acting differently between the studio and runtime.

Thanks for your time!

5 REPLIES 5
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi trbleile,

Thanks for posting in forums.

I think your issue here would need some time to reproduce and investigating.

I will try to involve someone on this and see if it could help to udpate the status.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response Michael_Shao,

If there is any more information you would like, or want me to demonstrate this issue to you please let me know. 

Hi Again,

Just wanted to check in to see if there was any update on this. Please let me know if you need any more info!

Travis

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is a bug on PA side. We are actively looking at ways to fix this issue in published apps. I will let you know once we have a solution. In the meantime, can you workaround this by doing the Collect();Clear() technique on the OnVisible property of every screen?

Thanks

Murali

Hi Murali, Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, setting the OnVisible property wouldn't necessarily work in our scenario because the inspection (Survey) can be failed on any of the 4 pages it spans. This means if I were to finish the survey on page 3 on one inspection, and then the next inspection was finished on page 2 of the survey. The values on page 3 would still remain because I never reached page 3. The values on page 3 not switching to default is skewing a running total value that spans across all 4 pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,185)