cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharityContests
Frequent Visitor

Bug? Browse gallery does not update from SQL

I have an app which previously was based on Sharepoint and worked wonderfully. In the past few days I've transitioned the app over to Azure SQL, and have gotten 99% of the functionality that I need. I am still having one issue with the datasource updating.

On inital load, my browse gallery screen works well; sorting and filtering as I need it to. I proceed to the edit gallery screen, and submit a form there to the SQL server. The data makes it to the SQL server just fine; however upon returning to the browse gallery the data is not updated. In the sharepoint-connected app, the data on the browse screen would update after just a few seconds. Here, I have waited over a minute and not gotten the browse gallery to update. 

The issue is fixed when I either manually refresh the screen (via an icon I added), select another record, or scroll up/down through the browse gallery. I'm guessing either of these last two actions cause an invisible refresh.

I have ensured that this screen has a OnVisible property which refreshes my datasource. I have also played around with a timer that refreshes the data source on timer end and this seems to work fine. The few threads I have found about this online mention disabling "Improved App Rendering"; but this didn't help.

Please let me know if you are also encountering this issue and any fixes you have found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The app started working as expected without any changes. I can only assume it was a connection speed issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CharityContests ,

Please try to change the OnSuccess property of the Edit Form to:

Back();Refresh(YourDataSourceName)

And then test again.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @CharityContests how are you progressing with this? Was the above reply helpful?

@Anonymous 

The app started working as expected without any changes. I can only assume it was a connection speed issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,066)