cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Bug? Cannot Cut/Copy - Paste controls into a sub-gallery

With a recent update it appears to have become impossible to copy/cut a control and paste it into a sub-gallery (a gallery nested inside another gallery).

I have to cut the nested gallery, paste it directly onto the canvas (so it is no longer nested), copy/paste the control into that gallery, then cut the gallery and paste it back into the parent gallery.

I'm also finding that setting the X, Y, Width and Height of controls inside a sub-gallery usinh the mouse is flakey as well (often the control will not move/size) - I'm resorting to cut/paste outside the parent gallery or directly typing values for these properties.

Anyone else noticing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Bug? Cannot Cut/Copy - Paste controls into a sub-gallery

Hi @PaulD1,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

When copy/cut a control and paste it into a sub-gallery, please check if you have selected the first item of the sub-gallery.

On your side, please consider copy/cut a control via pressing "Ctrl"+"C"/"Ctrl"+"X" in your keyboard, and then select the first item within your sub-gallery, press "Ctrl"+"V" in your keyboard.

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Note: Please use the Copy/Cut and Paste hot key within your keyboard to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PaulD1,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

When copy/cut a control and paste it into a sub-gallery, please check if you have selected the first item of the sub-gallery.

On your side, please consider copy/cut a control via pressing "Ctrl"+"C"/"Ctrl"+"X" in your keyboard, and then select the first item within your sub-gallery, press "Ctrl"+"V" in your keyboard.

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Note: Please use the Copy/Cut and Paste hot key within your keyboard to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks @v-xida-msft - I was using the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcuts and selecting existing items inside the sub-gallery and  tried selecting the sub-gallery controls (prior to paste) both on the canvas and in the navigator.

Have just done another test and now all appears to be working today - maybe I just needed to close/reopen the browser...

Super User
Super User

I'm having a similar issue right now. Unable to copy and paste Labels inside a Form Control (not a subgallery).

Tried:

• CTRL+C, CTRL+V
  • Right click on controls in Tree View, Copy These Items
  • Right click, Paste

Same result:

• Browser flashes for a second then the last control (unrelated) that I edited becomes the focus
  • Function bar changes to the OnSelect property of the unrelated Icon control

Note:

• See other post. I'm also unable to Click Icons inside of this particular form
MaxDonen Helper V
Helper V

I'm having the same issue. Changing browsers (IE, chrome), clearing cache and restarting computer didn't help. Also tried all possible combos of clicking and keyboard shortcuts. Nothing. There is simply no reaction to the operation. 

This seems to occur intermittently, though it's highly irritating when it does!  

Slaverty Helper II
Helper II

IGNORE

Mis-read original post, my post completely unrelated.  No "Delete Post" option I can see though..

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,742)