cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bug: Canvas reordering buggy in cloud

I have two screens, Screen1 and Screen2; both have their own infinite scrolling canvases.

Screen1's infinite scrolling canvas had cards which were built in order, one at a time.

For Screen2, I built cards out of order and reordered them as I needed. When reordering, I noticed that the Y property of the card changed to an integer that denoted its order; so if it was the fourth card from the top, the Y value changed to 3 (numbering started from zero). PowerApps Studio showed the canvas just fine despite the strange Y value.

Microsoft Edge was able to show the canvas fine for both Screen1 and Screen2. But eventually, cards would be stuck at the top of the screen according to its Y value. So a card that was supposed to be "fourth" from the top was instead 4 pixels from the top of the screen. This caused it to overlap with other cards. 

Google Chrome was worse. It rendered the cards with the Y value from the start.

I made a temporary fix that doesn't entirely fix things. I used relative positioning for Y. For example, DataCard2 is below DataCard1:

DataCard2.Y=

DataCard1.Y+DataCard1.Height

But DataCard1 is not always visible, so I added a condition:

DataCard2.Y=

If(DataCard1.Visible,DataCard1.Y+DataCard1.Height,0)

As long as DataCard1 was visible, the position of DataCard2 would be relatively below it, otherwise, it would reside at the top of the canvas. 

This worked to an extent, but it broke down since PowerApps seemed to have stationary values for DataCard1.Visible. So once DataCard1 became hidden, DataCard2 would not position correctly--it was looking at old values for DataCard1.Visible.

Long story short, the changed properties of the cards seem to be misunderstood by browsers.

Here is a video of some of the bugginess in action with the temp solution in place:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0iHNZhZKR6YczJyeTR6cXZHVEU

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Solved: The canvas was problematic because the flexible height gallery inside was causing it problems. Upon switching to a regular gallery, the canvas worked properly. I imagine it is a conflict of how the canvas is flexible and the gallery is flexible too.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

I use Image1.OnSelect to turn a variable true or false. The variable determines if a card in the canvas is visible or hidden.

I can activate my bug by tapping the button quickly. A card that would previously reside at one position ignores all positions of all cards. All canvases in the app no longer work when one becomes buggy. One disappears completely. Properties of the cards that reference other things ignore their references.

The bug is more immediate on Chrome than Edge/Win10Mobile. PowerApps desktop app in edit and cloud is the only one that works correctly 100%.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Solved: The canvas was problematic because the flexible height gallery inside was causing it problems. Upon switching to a regular gallery, the canvas worked properly. I imagine it is a conflict of how the canvas is flexible and the gallery is flexible too.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,546)