cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerappsfan
Advocate III
Advocate III

Bug: Custom SharePoint List Form doesn't fit screen height (on external monitors/larger screens)

Hi there,

I have run into this issue every time I customize SharePoint List forms in Power Apps. When viewing the custom form on a monitor or larger screen, the form height looks so tiny and doesn't fill the whole pane like the default SharePoint List form does.

When looking in the Power Apps settings, it says the height is a static 720px instead of the browser window height (100%). When I put a higher number than 720px, it puts a scroll bar on medium-sized laptops/smaller devices. So I have to compromise with a tiny form that doesn't even fit the window like the native SharePoint form does.

Is there anyway to set the app height to 100% to fill the whole SharePoint form window?  I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed already by default.

4 REPLIES 4
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

It seems like there might be some kind of issue with how the app is formatted overall. I am not certain exactly what is causing the error here. This might be a better question for the Microsoft Support team. I'll include a link on creating a ticket with them if you would like to go down that route. Otherwise if any other communities member might know feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I don't have access to admin center to submit the ticket as I'm not a system admin.

However, I can confirm that this is an issue by default. I just created a brand new test list and tested customizing the form with PowerApps. And that form does the same thing. It's because there's no way to set the app height to 100%, by default the app height is set statically to 720px. So on modern standard screen resolutions on external monitors, the app appears so small.

powerappsfan
Advocate III
Advocate III

If we can't set the App Height in settings to 100%, is there anyway to dynamically set the App.Height to 100% of the browser height via code? It's ridiculous how the form is a set height in pixels and not dynamically set when every other Microsoft app/service doesn't have this issue.

cjfilmguy

I'm having the same issue. Is there any fix for this or is Microsoft working on anything to make powerapps forms look like the default sharepoint forms and fill the page properly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,231)