cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug? - Flow dynamic content vs .Text Property in PowerApps

Hi

Have a very simple flow which is triggered inside my app. The flow sends an e-mail in which body there is a dynamic content - argument "Sendanemail_Body". In the app I have a form, with a datacard with a value inside - dcCN_Lab_AXNumberVal. User enters AX number to this field and then presses the button which runs the flow.

I want text from the field to be used in the flow so button OnSelect=flow.Run(dcCN_Lab_AXNumberVal.Text).

Problem - if user enters 7YYY the flow will run, but if user enters 777 then the flow does not run because it is incorrect format of the argument. As I understand it converts it to the number even though it is a text field (Format - TextFormat.Text inherited from Sharepoint). Problem is solved by adding text function - flow.Run(Text(dcCN_Lab_AXNumberVal.Text)). 

It is inconvinient issue also because flow does not even crash - it just does not run, so it is very difficult to catch :(.

Btw, when I enter to the field smth like 00001 and then in patch function use just dcCN_Lab_AXNumberVal.Text it is updates the list just fine, as expected - with 00001, not converting it to 1.

Would be great to hear if I'm right and this is actually a bug or I just do not understand some basics and it is a feature 🙂

Thx!

Nick

1 REPLY 1
Power Apps Staff mabolan
Power Apps Staff

Re: Bug? - Flow dynamic content vs .Text Property in PowerApps

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing a temporary fix. This appears to be an issue with how PowerApps automatically typecasts things.

I've filed a bug on our end and we'll have a dev look at it. I'll reply once I have a status update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,908)