cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agneum
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Bug? Flow names doesn't update

Changing the name of your flow after you've added it in your Powerapp seems incredibly buggy. It doesn't update in the app sometimes even if you remove it, worse yet if you delete and add it again it shows up as the new name in the autogenerated Flowname.Run() command (that by the way also overwrites any code you had on your button before) but fails to run. It seems to me that a lot of time you have to create duplicates of your collections, flows etc, just because it doesn't work the first time around.

For example; You cannot delete collections. You can clear the data in them, but the column definitions will stay the same. That means anything that requires a change to those definitions (such as running a stored procedure using flows) will result in you having to rename the collection entirely and remove references to it in every other function in your app....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @agneum ,

Do you add a flow connection within your app?

It is a known issue that, the changes you made to a flow would not be applied to the corresponding flow connection you added within a canvas app.

As an fixed solution, you need to re-create a new app, and then add the corresponding flow connection again.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @agneum ,

Do you add a flow connection within your app?

It is a known issue that, the changes you made to a flow would not be applied to the corresponding flow connection you added within a canvas app.

As an fixed solution, you need to re-create a new app, and then add the corresponding flow connection again.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

bfausti
Helper I
Helper I

Yes! This is extremely, extremely, extremely annoying. Please fix this bug, I have changed the name, removed it from my canvas app, re-added it so many times and it doesn't update. This needs to be fixed as my stress levels are through the roof!

This is not a new idea. This is fixing a bug within Flow / Power Automate.

maybe
Frequent Visitor

A brief story related to this bug:

Another developer on my team misspelled the name of a property in one of our APIs.

This API gets called, among other places, in a flow that returns JSON to a powerapp.

I decided to fix the spelling of the property and re-deploy our API. A test of the flow showed the update was good.

For all other consumers of this API, a simple update to the newly corrected property was all that was needed, but not the powerapp! It still considered the incorrectly spelled property as the only possible value coming from the flow.

I tried modifying then saving the Flow...no change.

I tried removing the flow from the powerapp, saving, closing, returning, then adding the flow reference back in...still no change.

And so, because of this bug, I have the option to either recreate the ENTIRE APP, or, revert our API back to using a misspelled property just so the powerapp can still read it!

Absolute and utter nonsense that this hasn't been fixed yet.

I can not and will not recommend power apps for any other projects.

bfausti
Helper I
Helper I

Absolutely, agree. Why is this not fixed yet!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (98,223)