cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubensmoc
Frequent Visitor

Bug Form edition - Not saving changed field label

Hello everyone,

While editing the main form of an entity, I changed the field label then saved and published the modified form.  The changes are not saved and when the form is opened again for edition the field label is empty. To bypass this bug, I am editing the forms with the classic Form edition version. I am using a community environment.

Has anyone faced and solved thus bug before?

Best regards,

Rubens Pereira

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rubensmoc ,

Do you mean that you change the Display name of a field in your Entity, but the changes would not take effect within your Entity Form?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

5.JPG

6.JPG

Please make sure that you have published your Entity form successfully after you made changes to your form.

In addition, please also consider edit your Entity form using New Entity Form Editor experience rather than classic experience from CDS as below:

7.JPG

then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the field label from your Entity form, then save your Entity form, and then add your field into your form again, save and publish your Entity form, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Chris,

Thank for your help.

You are right, that is the bug:  I changed the Display name of a field in my Entity, but the changes does not take effect within my Entity Form. I’ve just tested again to document the bug and the results are attached.

Also removed and added the field again and the results were the same.

It is possible to bypass this bug with the old Classic Form Design. Lol.

Best regards,

Rubens Pereira

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (60,428)