cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoRouff
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bug Report: Changing view orientation automatically sets customed dimensions to default

Hello PowerApps team,

I am currently designing a simple app to edit simple inputs to a SharePoint list.

No issue about the connection, it works fine (good job by the way).

And, as a cautious developper, I have set the dimensions and positions of the different components (forms, controls, icon, ...) in relation to each other in to have a correct display in both orientations, vertical and horizontal.

But, as soon as I change the orientation from the PowerApps studio (and web studio) to check if the display is right, all the relations I previously set are gone and set back to default.

Is there a way to completely shut the automation behind the orientation and make sure the relations I have set are kept ?

Thanks for your answer.

Another quick question : will PowerApps be integrated within Visual Studio ? It sure will be very useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CoRouff,

Thanks for reporting this.

I just tested switching the orientations under PowerApps Studio desktop version, on first switch (from Portrait to Landscape), it will display well, but when trying to switch back from Landscape to Portrait, the items under the Screen would be overlapping, regardless the height changes.

I will report this from my side, together with my findings.

Further, I don't think PowerApps would be integrated within Visual Studio.

Unpon my personal view, Visual Studio is defined as Developer tools, while PowerApps users is focused on IT professionals, they are two different products for different audience.

For the full scenario about PowerApps, please check:

Introducing Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CoRouff,

Thanks for reporting this.

I just tested switching the orientations under PowerApps Studio desktop version, on first switch (from Portrait to Landscape), it will display well, but when trying to switch back from Landscape to Portrait, the items under the Screen would be overlapping, regardless the height changes.

I will report this from my side, together with my findings.

Further, I don't think PowerApps would be integrated within Visual Studio.

Unpon my personal view, Visual Studio is defined as Developer tools, while PowerApps users is focused on IT professionals, they are two different products for different audience.

For the full scenario about PowerApps, please check:

Introducing Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm always happy to help.

And a second thanks for your answer about Visual Studio.

I get your position but I'm still a bit sceptical about the 2nd part of your answer. 

I'll put my POV here but I won't develop too much because the topic is not about that.

As a relatively small entity with a Silver Cloud Solutions certification, we stands for our clients' IT Pros and as such, we have to manage their work environments, like Office 365.

To follow with this example, we have the Office Admin Center and, today, it seems that there are not such features in PowerApps.

We cannot see directly from our PowerApps Admin Center all our clients' PowerApps.

In a wider view, PowerApps looks a bit 'off' the Office 365 (or Dynamics 365) environment.

So, for now, I cannot see PowerApps built for IT Pros. I'm sure it takes this way and I hope it reaches its full potential because there's plenty.

Best regards,

Corentin. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,759)