cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DatabaseMX
Level: Powered On

Bug Report: Ctrl Z, Ctrl Y & Undo/Redo Icons do not work.

If you make a change to a form (eg move a text box, etc), Ctrl Z (undo) does not work. Nor does the icon on the menu bar. Same for Redo.
11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug Report: Ctrl Z, Ctrl Y & Undo/Redo Icons do not work.

Hi DatabaseMX,

I guess that you are using PowerApps studio for Web. When I open an App on PowerApps Studio for web on IE and Edge, I find that the Redo and Undo button are grey and cannot be clicked, and when I move a Text box, Ctrl Z doesn’t work.

Undo.PNG

It looks like that this feature has not been supported yet on PowerApps Studio for Web. May I suggest you submit an idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Have you downloaded PowerApps studio for Windows? The Redo and Undo button work well on PowerApps studio, and Ctrl Z also works when you want to undo a change. As a temporary workaround, please edit the App on PowerApps Studio on Windows.

Hope this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DaveB

Would it not be better for somebody on the PA team to collate these issues/bugs as they are not really 'ideas'?

There are numerous issues in the web studio / browser combinations with copy/cut/paste/undeo/redo, refreshing, timeouts and errors, etc.. None of them are 'ideas' are they? So what is the best way to help with these issues rather than clutter-up the 'ideas' forum?

DatabaseMX

Yes ... I just noticed a few minutes ago they do work in PowerApps Studio for Windows. My smaller laptop has Windows 10. However, my larger Dell laptop has Windows 7 - and I prefer to work on the large screen, with dual 24" monitors as well. However, I'm planning on upgrading the Win 7 machine to Win 10 Enterprise (like my smaller Dell laptop) this weekend. I will submit the suggestion.

Do you happen to know other main differences between the two versions? Or a link to a list?

The bad news is ... at work, where I'm already introducing Power Apps to a few people ... we are still on Windows 7. And no clue when IT plans to move to Windows 10 😞

DatabaseMX

Yes I totally agree. And I've been hit with a sudden "Your session has expired!" message ... and boom, you are essentially done. And this occurs when I am actively working, not idle. MADDENING !
DaveB

Even the right-hand vertical scrollbar does not work (IE11 + Windows 8.1 + Surface PRO 2) when I click, I have to drag it or use 'touch' gestures. It does not seem correct to post fixing this as an 'idea'.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi DaveB,

Thanks for your feedback about the “Ideas Forum”. Please feel free submit your feedback at PowerApps Forum/Flow Forum, and we would collect and report all the related issues about bugs, and ideas, and any other requests from you.

About the issue Redo/Undo button control doesn’t work on PowerApps Studio for Web, I have reported it and hope there would be an update on this part soon.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi DatabaseMX,

Hope this article about “Compare Windows versions” could be a reference for you:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows/compare

From this link we know that running PowerApps studio on Windows, OS Windows 8.1 or higher is required. So if you are using Win7, please update the OS to higher version:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/powerapps/9nblggh5z8f3

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

mr-dang
Level 10

This bug was present in the web editor. PowerApps Studio's undo no longer works in the current version, 2.0.610.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Mr-dang,

I am using PowerApps studio for Windows, and the version is 2.0.610.

I just tried the Undo/Redo icon on my side , they are working fine.

1.png

Please try again with this issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,774)