cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DatabaseMX Helper I
Helper I

Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong"

Refer to this Bug Report ... same, but here is more detail: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Bug-Report-quot-We-are-sorry-something-went-wron...

Windows 7 Pro

Chrome Browser

O365 E3 account

=============

I had been working off/on for about 2 hours. Then I was idle for maybe 20 minutes. I left my office and came back from downstairs and this message was on the screen:

2016-11-17_23-04.jpg

I clicked Close ... and then went to File>>Close, and upon clicking Close ... this error occurred:

2016-11-17_23-05.jpg

This is the 3rd night in a row that this sequence of events has occurred - typically after working 2 hours or so.

Of course, anything changes not saved are toast. 

Joe Anderson (aka DatabaseMX), Microsoft Access MVP.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong&q

Hi Joe,

I create an App on PowerApps studio for Web on Chrome, without saving the App, I place the App with no action for about 30 minutes. When I check the App again I get an message which says “Session has expired”. Then I click the “Start a new session” button, but I don’t get the same error message with you.

I also try to save the App firstly then place it with no action for about 30 minutes, when I check the App again, no message is shown.

Please save the App firstly then place it with no action when you using PowerApps studio for Web. And I will also collect this issue and report it from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong&a

I have this same issue. But I will still be actively working when the session decides to expire. Seems to happen about every 2 hours. I'll be in the middle of working on my app and I'll get a "Session about to expire" warning.

It's as if the session token isn't being refreshed while I'm working.

Sometimes I get an option to extend my session, but this never seems to work. I get an exception with the app giving me an authorization issue (because the token expired, I assume).

starwispy Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Re: Bug Report: "Session about to expire", then "We are sorry, something went wrong&a

I have the exact same issues as @michowl

Try to save the app as often as I can to avoid lost work, but it's a frustrating problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,198)