cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bug: (Serious!) Formulas for Text converting to text

This bug affects the latest version of PA 2.0.660.

Normally you can edit a Textbox in two ways:

1. Click a textbox and then change its Text property in the formula bar or advanced panel.
  2. Click a textbox, then click it again so you can edit the text directly. This requires at least 2 clicks.

If you place a formula in the textbox (method1), then later decide to use method 2, then you will overwrite the formula. That's expected. Since it's expected, you know to avoid it by not clicking twice.

But in the new version of PA, a single click on a textbox seems to be changing formulas in textboxes to basic text. Either a direct click on the textbox or clicking on it in the lefthand panel is messing things up. Something about the click has gotten very sensitive. I'm losing text and tooltips left and right!

Here's a video that replicates it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0iHNZhZKR6YRGVXQlRVM0pmTTQ

Pretty much as soon as you click any textbox, it will convert to text later. It's doomed.

Can you issue a hotfix? This makes apps unsafe for editing.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
14 REPLIES 14
JasonLake
Advocate I
Advocate I

FWIW, I am encountering this with formatted text. For example, I had a tooltip that uses a formula with formatting.

Concatenate(If(ThisItem.VisibleParam = true, "Name: " & ThisItem.Name & Char(10)), 
If(ThisItem.VisibleParam2 = true, "Status: " & ThisItem.Status & Char(10), 
If(ThisItem.VisibleParam3 = true, "Age: " & ThisItem.Status))

After entering this in the Tooltip, clicking off and then going back to Tooltip the code disappears. This worked in the previous version. 

Also, pulling a multi line field from a SharePoint list, click on the Field, then enter the code on the Text property.

ThisItem.Notes

Then click off of the field and the code changes to the imported text.

But if you click any other field on the Screens Tree List, the formula remains. Also if you click on another text field in the editor it seems to stay. But clicking on anything else in the editor, icon, image, etc., it shifts.

mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ADobin, thank you for getting back to us on this issue. Good luck--I hope you are able to find a solution soon!

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

We've fixed this issue, an update should be available within next 24 hours. Thanks again for all of the reports on this!

mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Confirmed: bug is not occurring in tests I have run again on textboxes, timers, tooltips.

The update is available in the Store. I manually updated to 2.0.662.

Thank you for issuing the fix, @ADobin!

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

A variation of this bug is back. I am in the process of trying to replicate it and will report back steps once I have them.

For now, I will say that this new bug involves pasting something and having the result appear in a nearby textbox's text property. In my case, the textbox was layered below the target, but not actively selected.

Specs:

• Web editor 2.0.732 in Chrome browser
Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,360)