cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrettR
Level: Powered On

[Bug] 'Visible' property on Component

I've tested this on multiple tenancies and getting the same result.  Believe it's only occurred recently in one of the latest PowerApps version updates.

Scenario

• on the 'OnStart' of the app, create a variable:  set(var_visible,true)
  • Create two buttons: One normal button, One inside a Component
  • Apply the Visible variable to both buttons.
  • Run OnStart.  The regular button stays visible, the component disappears!

Example in the screenshot attached where you can see the Visible property of the Component is set to true.

You will notice, if you modify the property and put the variable back again, it will appear.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: [Bug] 'Visible' property on Component

Hi @BrettR 

I have been able to replicate this bug in the same way you mentioned - additionally any copies that are created of the component start as visible again. I've also found that it doesn't matter if it's OnStart, I created a button that sets the variable to the same value and it had the same bug of it suddenly not recognizing the variable.

I also suspect that this is part of the experimental rollout of components and component libraries so there may be a few teething issues before it's ready for GA, but hopefully the team is already aware of this.

@heather_italent is there any way to pass this feedback onto the product team or could you loop in someone who may be able to take a look at this?

Many thanks,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

It looks like you can get around this for the moment by using a Context variable or by using a value from a collection, but global variables are currently a no-go.

Cheers,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrettR 

This has been raised to the team and the issue is being tracked 😺

Cheers,

Sancho

alunhughes
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I have a similar issue that may be connected?

I have a button within a Form Data Card that when clicked it sets a global variable to TRUE. This variable is then set as the visible property of other objects that make a popup window appear when clicked.

On a new iOS version that I have the button doesn't execute the code when clicked (the screen just sort of flashes). I have tried the same outside of the datacard (just on the screen) and it appears to work as expected.

When run in the browser it works fine as well - just happens on a new release of PowerApps.

Sounds connected?!

Many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,360)