cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug: date field not getting saved in play mode when "Delayed Load" setting is on

I have an app where a user can create a form.  The form only has one field, which is a date field.  When the user clicks save, the form gets saved and the user is taken to a new page.  However, when I open the app in play mode, the first time I try to create a form and click the save button it does not save.  I receive the error "An entry is required or has an invalid value".  When I turn off the "Delayed Load" setting and then repeat the same scenario, the form now gets saved.  Is this a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bug: date field not getting saved in play mode when "Delayed Load" setting is on

My session ID is 959fd469-9a13-4dfa-bef8-f46a7892374d, and the app Version is 3.18114.26.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Bug: date field not getting saved in play mode when "Delayed Load" setting is on

Hi @Anonymous,

We would need to get more details to determine if this is a bug. It sounds like you have an app that has a Form control. When in Authoring mode, the Form submits just fine with a date. When in Play mode, the Form throws an error the first time. Based on the data I'm seeing, it looks like a subsequent submit while in Play mode succeeds. Is this correct?

Based on your comment about the "Delayed Load" app setting, I need more information on how the Form data is populated. Are you using context variables anywhere? How is the date set for the new entry?

Thanks,
Allen

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllenKim,

Yes, that is all correct.   The issue was not happening in our old app in production, which was app version 3.18105.16.

The date is set using a date picker, and the form is connected to the CDS.  I do have two context variables, both of which are on my "Save" button.  Here is the formula: SubmitForm(ParentEditForm); NewForm(ChildEditForm); UpdateContext({SubmitButtonVisible: true}); UpdateContext({ShowlastSubmit:true}); Navigate(ChildEditScreen,ScreenTransition.None)

I am using a parent-child relationship between two forms.  After the user submits the parent form (which is the form with the date), they are taken to the child form screen.  When they are finished adding the child form(s), they go back to the parent form screen.  The "SubmitButtonVisible" variable changes another button's visibility from false to true.  The "ShowLastSubmit" variable is used on the parent edit form so that when the user comes back to this screen, the parent form will already be loaded.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Anonymous,

I was just playing around with trying to reproduce this issue locally with CDS. The only time I got the same error you did was when I didn't explictly choose a date in the date card. There looks to be a greyed out value in the date field until you manually set it. This greyed out value actually isn't a value and instead is a sort of blank/null value. This is what is causing the error in my case. Are you explicitly choosing a date in date card before submitting the first time?

If the above isn't the issue you are running into, then we'lln need to take a look at your app specifically to figure out what could be wrong. If you would like to proceed with this method, please go to https://powerapps.microsoft.com/support/ then click on the "Create support ticket" button at the bottom of the page. Please reference this forum thread as well. After creating a support ticket, you will be able to share the app with us.

Thanks,

Allen

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,451)