cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinothKJones
Frequent Visitor

Bug in Importing Data from Excel to CDS Custom Entity

I have created a custom Entity in CDS with 10 columns. I was able to upload data from excel with that 10 columns.

But I removed one column from that CDS and added a new column with a different name. Now my entity will again have 10 columns.

When I tried to upload data now I'm only seeing 9 columns, Not able to see the newly added column in Field Mapping while upload.

Attached screenshots for references.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually I found that issue, Its not from Excel side, Its my mistake sorry for that.

The new column that I've added is a Lookup column from a new entity. I have missed to add Primary key to newly created Entity.

That was causing this problem. Now I identified and resolved that issue. 

Thanks for your Insights 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

After changing the CDS column did you also make any changes in the Excel columns?

No, I haven't done any change on excel.

Kindly make the same changes to the excel and retry

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Actually I found that issue, Its not from Excel side, Its my mistake sorry for that.

The new column that I've added is a Lookup column from a new entity. I have missed to add Primary key to newly created Entity.

That was causing this problem. Now I identified and resolved that issue. 

Thanks for your Insights 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,484)