Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Bug in Version 3.21123.25 ?

Hi All,

This has just happened on a large production app - when saved in 3.21123.25, the banner below comes up in the opening screen as soon as the app is opened on an iPad.

WarrenBelz_1-1642389006240.png

A heap of testing done this morning by myself and @Eelman (we work together) and concluding the following: -

• It only happens to one (very large and critical) app
  • The app works perfectly under 3.21115.37
  • Whether there are changes of not, resaving under 3.21123.25 triggers this error.
  • PowerApps will not let me revert the authoring version - it only offers 3.21123.25 in the drop-down.
  • We have two environments and it happens in both
  • I have exported a package and re-imported - same result.
  • There are only two Or() statements in App OnStart and commenting them out makes no difference

Other than a bug (which it might be), has anyone else seen this ?

36 REPLIES 36

We're in active support now with MS. I will update the community on how it progresses. 

steven_S
Frequent Visitor

Yeah same here... and there is really no solution. I can't do a workaround on my formula. I just have a couple of varUserMail = Column1 || varUserMail = Column2

version 3.21115.37 was fine.

MS get a grip!

MasterB
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi
we are facing the same error in our app. We will try to investigate with a monitoring session later on

I will keep you updated if we find anything.

CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

This is a regression that was introduced in the 3.21122 version. The message is annoying, but it doesn't interfere with the app behavior. The post at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Error-Handling/Workaround-for-the-lt-Internal-error-in-the-Or-fu... has more details about this issue, as well as a way to suppress that message.

james_hathaway
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @CarlosFigueira ,

Thank you for the update, and the link to the Post regarding the Workaround, and also for the admission that its a Regression error... It certainly helps explain to our Clients why they're Apps cannot be updated without significant time/effort. I know you said that the Run-Time operation is not strictly affected, but the fact is, a big RED error is displayed to the User, who will assume that the App is broken, and will stop using it.

Do you have any information about why or how this old error was allowed to resurface?
Have the Product Team put measures in place to prevent this sort of poor Integration from happening again?

Are there any plans to allow us Developers to actually roll back to a previous Authoring Version, as is advertised in the documentation? (And not just present us with a list of a single available version).
How are Microsoft going to improve their mechanism for informing us Developers of when a new Authoring Version is going to be released, and what it contains? (I would argue that a Post on this forum does NOT qualify as a valid Release Statement) - This communication mechanism would also apply to these such notifications of known issues and workarounds...

I just want to make sure that Microsoft appreciate the level of Disruption they have caused by effectively forcing a "stealth release of a faulty product, without the Customers Choice". We have been unable to Update any PowerApps for over a week, leaving our clients with Buggy Solutions. On top of that, us developers now have to suffer the COST of this error by applying a workaround THAT SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY in order to fix AN ISSUE THAT MICROSOFT HAVE FORCED UPON US.

I have many (many) Apps that I have built for numerous clients, and I now have to spend a lot of valuable time updating them all with this workaround, and delay all my current projects - Who do we talk to at Microsoft about compensation for this lost time?

James.

Well said @james_hathaway! 👏

james_hathaway
Advocate III
Advocate III

So, whilst trying to apply the workaround, I have found other misleading error messages that are displayed to the user:

"Network error when using Collect function: Field 'Title' is required."

This is occurring for the following formula on the OnSelect of a button: (DataSource is SharePoint List)

If(IsBlank(Combo_CustomerEmail.Selected) && !IsBlank(Combo_CustomerEmail.SearchText), Collect(CustomerEmails,Defaults(CustomerEmails), { CustomerID:Combo_Customer.Selected.ID, Title:Combo_CustomerEmail.SearchText } ) );

Clearly - there is a value for the "Title" field.

Plus - the record WAS actually created in the SharePoint List: 

james_hathaway_1-1643034367339.png

So, even with the workaround given, I still cannot Update any of my Apps, because it's not the only issue with the buggy release.

PLEASE can we have the ability to Publish in Authoring Version 3.21115 ??

(Especially as this is a feature that you advertise as being available to us...)

PTadrous
Advocate I
Advocate I

A whole day wasted trying to figure out WHAT HAPPENED!!!!?? And why SO MANY ERRORS all of the sudden??
After Workaround and troubleshooting, i found out that all my failed Filters were failing due to performing under the new Release V 3.21112. The Filter response has been changed from ignoring Blanks (Returned results that don't meet filter query) to returning the query and the rest in errors. (Not acceptable behaviors to implement in THE MIDDLE of a working app).
Also so many similar errors in behaviors that started showing in the Runtime and popup in the red banner notification. 
3.21122: Filter behavior change with errors - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Some of the errors makes sense as the case with the division by 0, but others don't make any sense due to the fact that the new release is treating the Blank as an ERROR  and erroring out when cancelling an action to start another (Happened with me when declaring a variable that is already declared with the same value)!! (Looks like those are bugs)

Error handling is a GREAT feature, but this is not the right approach to be released for public especially with this amount of unhandled bugs.

To ignore this new feature and stop all popping errors, turn off the 
Formula-Level error management option in the Settings >> Upcoming features >> Experimental. 
I tested this and it worked even after moving up to Version 3.22013.7.
(You must save and restart the app for the change to take affect).

Another Note: Version 3.22013.7 broke the nested galleries. It will show nested galleries as a blank page. All fields seems to be populating correctly, but not displaying anything in the galleries.

Hope this can help others with this issues.

Update:

Version 3.21124.16 broke some of the HTML Text in HTML Labels. HTML Label shows as blank display although they have html code.
Also broke nested galleries. Galleries shows as blank display.
Going back to Version 3.21123.25 immediately fixed the issue.  

@PTadrous we are also experiencing this nested gallery issue. Link to the post is here

PTadrous
Advocate I
Advocate I

@AndrewCitera  A quick work around for the galleries issue is to reverse back to Version 3.21123.25 while we can. (At least i could).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,197)