cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyMole
Frequent Visitor

Bug in preview feature "Explicit Column Selection"

Hi,

I've found two situations where this doesn't work as you'd expect. No solutions necessary as the workaround is straightforward, just recording as a bug. I am working with SQL Server as datasource.

1. ClearCollect from table/view and only use returned column of interest as a dropdown source for items. The collection will have correct number of rows returned, but will not display the data in the dropdown.

2. ClearCollect from a table/view and only use returned column of interest in a conditional statement. Again, rows are returned to collection but data in rows are empty, so formula will fail.

Solution is easy: just force the collection to load properly using a hidden control and reference the column you want directly e.g. use a label and set text property to "First(myProblemCollection).MyProblemField" and it should populate the next time you load the app.

Thanks

Mike

1 REPLY 1
MikeyMole
Frequent Visitor

OK, looks like I was wrong - the trick of forcing the problematic column appears to only work in the browser, and not on either Android or iOS apps. So I've had to turn this feature off, which I am concerned with as I don't have any power over when it will be moved to production and therefore be on whether I like it or not. I would appreciate some feedback from an MS admin here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,031)