cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bug report: Cannot set numerical value in local collection to blank/null using Blank()

When trying the following, an error is given that "The type of this argument 'MyNumber' does not match the expected type 'Number'. Found type 'Text'."

ClearCollect(MyTest, {MyNumber: 123}); Patch(MyTest, First(MyTest), {MyNumber: Blank()})

The following unfortunately gives 0 as result and not null/blank.

ClearCollect(MyTest, {MyNumber: 123}); Patch(MyTest, First(MyTest), {MyNumber: Value(Blank())})

Frankly, this is also strange Value(Blank()) gives zero and not null/blank.

This is the work-around:

ClearCollect(MyTest, {MyNumber: 123}); Patch(MyTest, First(MyTest), {MyNumber: Value("")})
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Meneghino,

I have seen several similar threads from you. And also the idea you have shared detailed scenario.

We have reported this from our side, and PGs are actively working on it. But we don’t have an ETA for it.

I guess that it might be a complex issue. We will keep an eye on it and back to you with the latest information.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Meneghino,

I have seen several similar threads from you. And also the idea you have shared detailed scenario.

We have reported this from our side, and PGs are actively working on it. But we don’t have an ETA for it.

I guess that it might be a complex issue. We will keep an eye on it and back to you with the latest information.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Is It fixed??

I also not able to set the null value to numeric field in my Dynamics365. 

Value(Blank()) gives 0 and  i used Value("") to set null in numeric field in Dynamics 365 but it didnt worked.

Is there have any other solution??

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,191)