cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: inconsistent support for non-text tables

SQL Azure BE. I created a table with two fields, an int PK and a tinyint. Powerapps was able to auto-create an app (good!) Then I created a table with two fields, an int PK and a date. Powerapps says "PowerApps failed to create an app for the selected table. Select a table with at least one text column type. This seems inconsistent. The first table did not have a text column type either yet PA was able to create the application. It should be able to do that for the second table as well, or at least explain why not.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi tvanstiphout,

Thanks for using PowerApp. 

Could you please share about the connection type you used here, SQL Server, or AzureBlobStorage?

I tried the SQL Server Connection, connected to Azure SQL Server Database, and could reproduce the error message you mentioned.

I will report this from my side, hope there could be updates or explanation on this part soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Helper III
Helper III

@tvanstiphout, I'm trying to better understand your issue: 1). What do you mean by SQL Azure BE? 2). With SQL Azure BE, how do you create the app auto? Can you show me more details? 

Helper I
Helper I

BE means back end as in back-end database, if that's your question. And when you specify an SQL backend, power apps will automatically create the app for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,647)