cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamyAtAltius
Frequent Visitor

Bug when selecting a Text Input control inside a Vertical Gallery

Hi all,

I've got a vertical gallery with Tex Input Controls inside - When the user click on the row, the text box Display Mode is set to Edit to let the user enter a new value which is Patched to the data source by clicking on the Green Tick icon (see screen capture).

I have noticed that even when the Text Input has become Editable, when clicking on the control, the control somehow "deselects" itself - however it is possible to finally select the Text Input and edit the value after clickin on it around 4 or 5 times. Another workaround is to Click Right on the control then press escape, then then the control is available for Edit.

Have any of you encountered the same issue ? Text Inputs in gallery are very powerful and it would be good to be able to use then without haveing to right click.

Samy

2 REPLIES 2
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamyAtAltius ,

Could you show me your settings about how to set the textinput's DisplayMode?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

When my textinput's mode is edit, after I click the textinput once, then you could enter data in it, no need to click multiple times like your description.

You could choose one control by tabbing except clicking it.

You could set TabIndex property to decide the order.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-text-input

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,252)