cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TML
Level 8

Bug when using Format Text on my code?

Hi all,

I'm starting a new project and just doing some very basic startup, but already having issues.  I keyed in the following ONE LINE of code and no errors and it works fine:

Set(gOffcUsr, Office365Users.MyProfile().UserPrincipalName)

I click on "Format text" and it REMOVES "Office365Users." from the code.  It changes the above to the below (every character and space has a red squiggly line under it):

Set(
    gOffcUsr,
    MyProfile().UserPrincipalName
)

and then I get a red X on the control that contains the code that says this:

1.jpg

I know I can let it remain unformatted, but our team has decided on always formatting the code for our projects so that everyone's code is formatted the same.  It took me a while to notice that it was removing the "Office365Users." from the code.  Time wasted down the drain.  The last project I worked on with PowerApps a couple of months ago, did not remove the "Office365Users." when I formatted the code.  Fortunately, it was only one line of code.  If I had had a rather large function, who knows how long it would have taken me to notice it removed code.

I really, really want to fall in love with PowerApps - but seems like every time I turn around something silly like this happens and it costs me time to figure out why or come up with a workaround.  Is anyone else seeing this?  This ONE line of code is all that I have added - is this going to happen with all of my code?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug when using Format Text on my code?

Hi @TML,

The symptom confirmed from my side.

We have reported this issue through our channel, and I will update this thread if there are any responses back from the channel.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,150)