cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Bugs: Microsoft Store Powerapps Camera Issues

Hello,

I have found a couple of bugs (listed below) related to the camera controller that seem to only affect the Microsoft Store version of PowerApps.

1. If a camera controller has its camera property set to 1 the camera will rendor upside down
    • I have not found any work around for this
  2. If you allow a user to swap a camera (e.g. change the camera property from 0 - 1) with a camera control present on the screen, the camera control will not rendor after the change
    • On ios, android and in the web browser when swapping a camera the change is immediately reflected with the camera controller
    • I have found a work around for this and that is to navigate away from the screen with the affected camera controller and then immediately navigate back to it using a timer control

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Bugs: Microsoft Store Powerapps Camera Issues

Hi @Garrickv 

Thanks for your post.

I will test it later and discuss it with my team.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm all of these. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous since you appear to be having issues with this, I did eventually find a less than ideal work around for the flipped camera and that was to render the Camera view using an image control by connecting it to the cameras stream and rotating the image 180 degrees using the ImageRotation property under advanced options on the image control. (It looked a bit laggy but worked)

This does not fix the inverted image if you try to save it. In order to save it right side up you could create azure function using an image processing library to flip the image and then save it to sharepoint.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Garrickv thanks for the help, I ended up just creating a desktop shortcut for the app and pinning it to the start menu. Works fine, though I would prefer to be able to download the app itself. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,492)