cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a app from questions in excel rows

I have a growing list of questions (for testing suites) that need to be addressed. I've been told I can use PowerApps for this. However, all my questions are different rows inside of one table. The table has columns:

IDNice_IDSectionTest
11-logilogin screenlogin screen has password widget
22-logilogin screenlogin screen has user account widget
33-logilogin screenlogin screen will show useful error when account credentials are wrong
44-logilogin screenlogin screen will accept proper credentials

What I want is for n (where n=number of rows) text fields to pop up in power apps app, with the title text for each text field being a combination of the text in the columns. Example:

[1-logi] Login Screen has password widget - Login Screen
[2-logi] Login screen has user account widget - Login Screen
[3-logi] Login screen will show useful error when account credentials are wrong - Login Screen
[4-logi] Login screen will accept proper credentials - Login  Screen
4 REPLIES 4
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

insert gallery

gallery.items = datasource

insert text label in gallery

label.text = Test

This is not an acceptable solution because my unique data is stored in the rows... not the column headers,

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

table will populate in gallery.

since you are using excel, you may want to use a button to trigger a flow to get all rows present in table. 

or just use a data table

The table does populate in the gallery, but in a manner that is not useful based on my current data. The data that shows up in the textfield for each response is the column header. I don't want the column header. I need to create textfield objects, on a per ROW bases (not a per column basis) that will take the data from 3 cells in each row, combine those string values, and turn that in to the text for each textfield widget.

This will require some coding to complete. Any thoughts on how to do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (95,429)