Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagoor
Helper II
Helper II

Build a app to send a mail and backup the sent data

Dear experts, 

I have been approached to create an app that will influence Outlook to send a mail to the certain distribution list based on the group created(inside the power app), and to store the data which has sent with date and time, it also needs a feature to take a dump on daily/weekly/monthly/yearly. Could anyone suggest an idea that might help me to create?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rebeccas
Community Champion
Community Champion

You might consider saving the data they put in to a SharePoint list and then you could trigger off that (for the email) and have the data there for reporting purposes.

The only thing you have to keep in mind with it is not letting the list get too long but that is pretty easy to do because you just make a blank copy of the list and call it Archive or something and at the end of the week or month or whatever you choose have the items move from your active list to your archive one. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jprojas
Frequent Visitor

Sending E-mail trough PowerApps currently is a premium feature. From what I've seen it would be better to make a PowerApps button that activates a PowerAutomate flow, and make this one send the mail you want.

rebeccas
Community Champion
Community Champion

You might consider saving the data they put in to a SharePoint list and then you could trigger off that (for the email) and have the data there for reporting purposes.

The only thing you have to keep in mind with it is not letting the list get too long but that is pretty easy to do because you just make a blank copy of the list and call it Archive or something and at the end of the week or month or whatever you choose have the items move from your active list to your archive one. 

View solution in original post

Thanks @jprojas: Let try with the Power automate flow to trigger a mail. 

Thanks @rebeccas: Could you guide me on how do get it in a SharePoint list, if possible with a example. 

rebeccas
Community Champion
Community Champion

You just create a SharePoint list with a column for each field you would have the person inputting the data fill out. Then in the App you connect that SharePoint list as your data source and then you can use a Form to input the data. You will have a button that you click to SubmitForm() and when you do that it stores the data on a new row. It works similar to how an excel spread sheet would but SharePoint works much better with PowerApps than Excel.

SharePoint saves who created an item and the date and time it was created so there is no need to make columns for that information ..it is already there. 

It is pretty simple once you just kind of play around with it...YouTube is a good resource for getting started too! 🙂

Oops..!!  thinking, i put the wrong question.. 

I thought to ask how we can connect the outlook sent mail data to get into an excel file. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,553)