cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Build collection based on SharePoint list

Hello

I have a Sharepoint list that looks like the following.  List name is "Engagement Tracker".  The Requestor and AssignedUser columns are People columns. Workload will either be Security or Apps and the Specialization and SubSpec columns can have up to 20 different options

TitleRequestorEngagementIDWorkloadSpecializationSubSpecializationAssignedUser
ContosoJim1-2342432SecurityATPAIPJon
XYZ CoTammy1-42343AppsTeamsSharepointMark
ABC CoLauriA-fwwfe2AppsExchangeOutlookJen

Basically this is an intake list for support engagments I'm working on. Right now I have a canvas app that is populating this data. What I am trying to due now is to create a Canvas app that will act like an Admin portal. On one of the forms I want to add labels that will display count numbers based on the list.

ex) # of requests from specific requestor  -      Jim = 6

# of requests for Exchange or Outlook or Sharepoint -      Sharepoint = 10

# of requests for the Assigned Users    - Jon = 20

I know I need to probably use the GroupBy function and was looking at creating multiple collections to get around delegation instead of countrows from SharePoint directly. Looking to get insight on the best approach here. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,721)