cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RameshMukka
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Build matrix based forms in PowerApps

I have several forms like the ones attached. I know about editable gallery but this some seems a bit different. I am struggling to find an approach for this. My data source is SharePoint lists. Can someone advise please?

Nested Gallery.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @RameshMukka you replace  ForAll(Sequence(5),{response: ["No","Yes"]}) you can then add a combobox and the user can select the value. patch the combox value to SharePoint.

The combobox Item = ThisItem.response

rubin_boer_1-1617304790942.png

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RameshMukka ,

Unfortunately an editable Gallery is all that is available. You can span the columns with a label at the top, but you cannot span the rows.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

Hi @RameshMukka as per @WarrenBelz the gallery is a way, and it can be used in many was to achieve what you need. 

Below is a nested gallery and some labels and a textbox to capture the details. 

Main Gallery Items: ["SCS1","SCS2","SCS5","Dam A","Dam B","Dam C","Houay Aria", "TSF1"]

A horizontal gallery in the main gallery with Items = ForAll(Sequence(10),{response: If(Mod(Value,2)=0,"No","Yes")})

component fill color, fill = If(Self.Text = "TSF1",LightBlue,LightYellow)

rubin_boer_0-1617137553935.png

Hope this helps.

RameshMukka
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@rubin_boer The Yes/No Values are the values to be filled out by the users and needed to saved back to SharePoint list for each value of component. In this case, how should i plan my sub gallery?

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @RameshMukka you replace  ForAll(Sequence(5),{response: ["No","Yes"]}) you can then add a combobox and the user can select the value. patch the combox value to SharePoint.

The combobox Item = ThisItem.response

rubin_boer_1-1617304790942.png

Hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,697)