Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahul_sinha12
Frequent Visitor

Building PowerApps form for two different team

Hi Team,

Hope all are safe. 🙂

I am new to Power Apps and trying to build a app with below senario:

Two teams will be included here (Sales and Marketing)

Sales Team List of columns

Country

Sales

Product

Marketing Team List of Columns

Customer

Advertisement

Leads

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power apps flow

1. Sales Team will put the data in power apps and submit,

2. once they submit it will trigger an email with power apps link to Marketing team

3. Once they click the link form should appear with the data which was being updated by sales team to review but it needs to be grayed out.

4. on top of it Marketing team can update other blank data based on sales team data and finally submit the form.

Once the form is being submitted it will go for final review of (sales and marketing data together) and submission of the form.

after final submission the data needs to be aggregated in SharePoint list.

Waiting for your positive response on how it can be processed.

Thank you. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rahul_sinha12 

I agree with @PowerAddict's comments. 

Created a POC to test your scenario.

You can keep your Sales and Marketing teams in Azure AD Groups to ease maintenance. For your case, I created the SharePoint list to track the Sales and Marketing teams as below:

122.JPG

On App start, you can place following code to check whether currently logged in user is part of a SharePoint list:

Set(
    varCurrentUser,
    User()
);
Set(
    varIsSalesPerson,
    !IsBlank(
        LookUp(
            SalesMarketingTeams,
            Title = varCurrentUser.Email && Category = "Sales"
        ).Title
    )
);
Set(
    varIsMarketingPerson,
    !IsBlank(
        LookUp(
            SalesMarketingTeams,
            Title = varCurrentUser.Email &&
            Category = "Marketing"
        ).Title
    )
)

You can use the variable on the Fields' Visibility property to show/hide for Sales/Marketing teams.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Very difficult to get into the specifics plus would suggest you to try and come back with specific questions. Here is a high level approach: 

1. Based on however you are going to determine if the logged in user is a Sales resource or Marketing resource, the app will behave differently

2. If a sales person logs in, they will be taken to a form screen where they can enter values for the fields that they are supposed to fill. When they submit the form, you can fetch the ID of the latest/newly created record. You can then add that to the URL of the app by adding it as a parameter and then sending it in an email

3. When a marketing person logs in, the app can check for a parameter value in the URL. If one is found, the user can be taken to a form where it will be populated with the record that was passed in the URL

4. The 3 sales fields will be in datacards that will be disabled or view only. The 3 marketing fields will be editable. They can enter data and submit the form

Not sure who is going to do the final review. Details would be helpful. Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Hi Hardit,

Thanks for your response :), here in my scenario I have one sharepoint list created with 10 columns where first 4  columns will be filled by sales and last 6 by Marketing team,

I have created the flow as well but it is only for one time use where all the columns are visible.

I am looking for the approach where it will have only 4 cells/columns name once sales team submit a mail should go to Marketing team and when they open the app all 10 columns should be visible. How to develop this approach I am not getting to get a conclusion. 😞

That is what points 2, 3, and 4 suggest. 

Thanks,

Hardit Bhatia

@rahul_sinha12 

I agree with @PowerAddict's comments. 

Created a POC to test your scenario.

You can keep your Sales and Marketing teams in Azure AD Groups to ease maintenance. For your case, I created the SharePoint list to track the Sales and Marketing teams as below:

122.JPG

On App start, you can place following code to check whether currently logged in user is part of a SharePoint list:

Set(
    varCurrentUser,
    User()
);
Set(
    varIsSalesPerson,
    !IsBlank(
        LookUp(
            SalesMarketingTeams,
            Title = varCurrentUser.Email && Category = "Sales"
        ).Title
    )
);
Set(
    varIsMarketingPerson,
    !IsBlank(
        LookUp(
            SalesMarketingTeams,
            Title = varCurrentUser.Email &&
            Category = "Marketing"
        ).Title
    )
)

You can use the variable on the Fields' Visibility property to show/hide for Sales/Marketing teams.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,637)