cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drnemer
Helper II
Helper II

Building a Applicant Look up App without a Gallery

I am trying to build my company an app that will allow applicants to look up their names in our waitlist and find out their status.

The issue is that there is nearly 20,000 names on our list and Gallery has a strict delegation limit that is creating issues for my Search/Filter functions.

Is there another way to make an app that would allow people to search their names and confirm their waitlist statuses?  Perhaps instead of a Gallery, there is just some text boxes that show the applicant if a result comes up or state no applicant if none found.

Any way that will allow a search with a list of 20,000 applicant names. 

2 REPLIES 2
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can easily lookup names in a gallery list even with 20000.  Delegation limits only apply if yu use a non delegable function or expression.  Example StartsWith(ColumnName,Textinpout.text) is delegable and would find any surname in the whole list whereas 'in' Textinput.text in Column Name is not delegable. 

I have lists with over 40000 records and easilly search multiple columns. Filter(Source,StartsWith(ColumnName1,Textinput1.text) And StartsWith(ColumnName2,Textinput2.text)) etc

Hello, so if i wanted to make a search engine with 3 different fields:  First Name, Last Name, and Birth date, I can do it by the code you provided?

Is there a way i can do a click to search? Instead of having the gallery "filter" as I perform typing?  I am also trying to build this in a way that only results show after all 3 inputs are filled in.  The reason is that this is a list for applicants to look up for themselves, but i don't want them to be able to locate others on the list due to privacy reasons.  

Does that make sense?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,574)