Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhishek_123
Helper I
Helper I

Bulk/Mass upload data to Sharepoint List

Hi, 
I need to bulk upload data from powerapps to Sharepoint list maximum 500 records. 
one method that i know is, by using excel table from Onedrive and once the user fills all the detail Ms flow is used to populate the data to SP list.
2nd method is, load the excel data to a collection and than use Forall function to Patch records to SP List.

Note: there are more than 50 users using the application.
Please let me know the optimal way to achieve bulk upload keeping in mind that the users might simultaneously use bulk upload if so is there way to block excel or something else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @abhishek_123 ,

That was not something you mentioned in your post and this raises another serious problem I alluded to in my response. I can almost guarantee you that if you try to "throw" 500 updates at SharePoint in one go (in a ForAll Patch), you will get throttled. This can take the user offline (they are blocked) for 30 minutes or more if they persist. A Flow I believe may be more forgiving, but I have never tried this type of action with one.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

@abhishek_123 ,

A much easier (and low-tech) way we use for uploads is to make a SharePoint datasheet view that exactly matches the Excel sheet you have the data in. Go into Bulk edit in the SharePoint form and simply copy the Excel rows about 50 at a time and wait until they are finished writing to avoid potential throttling.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz  But this would require users to access the sharepoint site. The users should not the enter the Sharepoint Site. 

Hi @abhishek_123 ,

That was not something you mentioned in your post and this raises another serious problem I alluded to in my response. I can almost guarantee you that if you try to "throw" 500 updates at SharePoint in one go (in a ForAll Patch), you will get throttled. This can take the user offline (they are blocked) for 30 minutes or more if they persist. A Flow I believe may be more forgiving, but I have never tried this type of action with one.

View solution in original post

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @abhishek_123 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Thank you @WarrenBelz 

Like you said flow is more forgiving.

There is no direct way to achieve this other than using Flow.....

One button to open the excel link, second button to run the flow which gets item from Excel and creates item in SharePoint list. Can upload more than 1000 if you increase the pagination to 5000 in flow. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,925)