cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoserIT
Regular Visitor

Business Card Scanner Company Name Issue

I'm super new to PowerApps so please bear with me. I'm trying to get the business card scanner up and running, and so far everything works well after following the guide except one: Company Name. I added the company name data card, and set the Default value to BusinessCardReader1.CompanyName as I had done for every other data card. This time however, I get the following error:

"The property on this control expects polymorphic values. The rule produces Text values which are incompatible."

I have no idea what that means or how to resolve the issue.

Edit: Sorry about the poor original post I've added some pictures below to make things easier to troubleshoot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MoserIT
Regular Visitor

I solved my own issue, but I will leave this here for anyone else who needs it later. I was using a label where I should have been using a text input! If you follow the guide, there's no mention of this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MoserIT
Regular Visitor

Bump.

MoserIT
Regular Visitor

Here's an update to my relatively bad post. This is what I've done, and the result. On each data card above it the Default value was simply supposed to be BusinessCardReader1.DataYouWantFromCard. So for example, if I wanted the person's cell phone number the Default value would be BusinessCardReader1.MobilePhone. Company name appears to be the only one that doesn't fit that pattern.

Error message in context.Error message in context.

I also tried adding a text label.

Working2.png

MoserIT
Regular Visitor

I solved my own issue, but I will leave this here for anyone else who needs it later. I was using a label where I should have been using a text input! If you follow the guide, there's no mention of this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,444)