cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axex336
Regular Visitor

Business rules between two separate tables - forms.

Hi all,

I am new to power apps and have a questions if anyone could help me out. 

Is it possible to establish a business rules between two main forms in two separate tables?

Intention: when user opens a case in the main form, a case ID is automatically generated. Subgrid with separate form is available to document certain numbers and changes in those numbers (in a separate form). I would like the autogenerated ID from the first form to be also pulled into the second form. Also I would like to have an option to have the last number entered into the second form, pulled back to a field in the first form.  This way, it would be easier to have all the number available, when I am exporting the data into excel.  Please note that I have set the relationship between the two tables/forms as Many to one (parental), as I want the numbers which are entered into the second form (subgrid) to relate only to one first form, from which you have opened the second one. 

Maybe what I am trying to do, could be achived with a lookup column. I have tried that out, however, it seems that it just inserts the same subgrid with all the cases and I am unable to limit the cases (e.g. only one case for the latest date). The data is also not exported into excel, when I am exporting the data for the table 1.

I hope my explanation makes sense. I would appreciate any help. 

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,569)