cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Button Delete

Good night,
When I delete a selected record in a Gallery, I want a notification message if I want to delete the record.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@CarlosN 

Make a confirmation pop-up as shown in this video by Brian Knight

Link To Video:

https://youtu.be/SaDEVOgOlYY

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

instead of putting your remove formula on the delete button, have it set a variable, like Set(Var_deleteconfirm, true).

then an overlay for your pop-up. See this post for details on how to do that--basically it is dragging a rectangle over the canvas and setting the transparency to make it opaque, and adding a text label with your confirmation text. See https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/creating-dialogs-in-powerapps/ for an example.

Add a formula to the confirm icon/button on the overlay to remove the record (same formula you would have used on the original button. also have the confirm and cancel icons/buttons on your overlay set the var_deleteconfirm variable to false. Then set the visible property of the overlay, text label, and confirm and cancel buttons/icons to Var_deleteconfirm.

the result is when you click the delete button, an overlay will appear asking for confirmation, and once user confirms, the record will be deleted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,632)